Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

ARANETA CUBAO Rising

In the 70's and 80's, CUBAO was one of Metro Manila's biggest business hubs. But then, its glory was lost to AYALA in MAKATI and ORTIGAS in Pasig. But in the later part of 2000 to the present, Cubao is starting to gain back its glory as developments are everywhere.





Day and night, constructions are everywhere. 





But then, sometimes, interesting things can be encountered as you walk along the way, caught in the darkness of the overshadowing skeletons of skyscrapers and equiment.

I was walking across gateway when a guy was standing in front of Shopwise. I thought he was waiting for a cab. But, eye-contact meant differently as I went past him. Further steps away, I realized that he was walking behind me. As I looked backed, he smiled. Wow! He is good-looking. My foot slowed  down like they had a mind of their own (Chos!) But not my heart as it started to race. I crossed at the intersection and he caught up on me. He took up with my speed and walked alongside me. (Hmmm!) Then he open his mouth...

"Hi"
"Hi" I answered back.
"BOSS, baka gusto niyo ng masahe. TESDA-trained po ako." (BOSS, do you like to have a massage? I have been trained at TESDA.)
"Ah!"
"With extra service," he whispered.
"Ano yun?" (What is that?) Playing innocent?
"Alam niyo na..." (You know...)
"Hehehe, di kasi ako nagpapamasahe e. Lakas ng kiliti ko." (I do not get massages. I tickle.)
"Service na lang. Mura lang naman, kelangan ko lang ng pera." (How about service. Am very affordable, just needed the money.)
"Ha?"
"Taga saan po ba kayo?" (From where are you?)
"Project 4."
"Project 4 din ako. Nakikitira sa tita ko. Di nga nila alam na ginagawa ko ito e." (I am also from Project 4. Living with my aunt. They do not know that I am doing this.)
"Ah, sorry next time. Nagmamadali kasi ako e... " (Ahem!) (Sorry, next time. I am in a rush.)