Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Researching in STANFORD


It is interesting to walk around the streets. You find so much interesting things. I was walking home when I decided to pass by another branching street from Aurora Boulevard. That is Stanford. There are 2 prominent  signage that catches you here, signage of 2 Gay Bars offering skimpy clad men that sometimes leaves nothing to the imagination.


Naked men are your subjects for the Human Male Anatomy. Finding men strutting their stuff in your face would be a funny encounter. A friend of mine learned this with quite a laugh. He was the big guy and we looked like we were the staff in the congressman's office with him as the politician. As we sat there watching as the men gyrate onstage, one dancer jumped in front of him with his danglers to his face. Then the dancer reached down to his ear with a whisper and a bite to his earlobe. He said yes after the shock. It was his first time in a such a bar. And the dancer clapped to signal on to the waiter. The waiter came with 2 bottles of men's drink and wallah! That is Php700 from the "Congressman's" pocket. Well, that was a good laugh and good for us for not looking like men with "power". We were not ready to go out that night.

One experience that is common in the baptism of fire for gay men is entering a male entertainment bar, to watch men undress onstage and sit with an entertainer as he takes your hand brings it down there. My first experience was at a bar in Avenida or Rizal Avenue, Manila. Fresh from college, I passed by a signage where skimpy clad pictures were posted. The men on the entrance were pointing at the entrance to the girly bar. But what caught my attention was the other standee that I noticed when they pointed to the door, portraits of men without tops showing their chests. I walked in to the door up the stairs with the arrow. The men on the door understood that I wasn't interested with the girls inside but with the men upstairs.

When I reached the door to the bar. I was stopped and frisked first by the guard. Then he knocked to the door. It was like I was into a mafia underground meeting where the other person behind the door peeked first through the small glass window of the door before he let me in. I was given a ticket and I was shaking because this was my first time. I felt both excited and nervous. And the rest is history... 



Partying at a nearby comedy and dance bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment