Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

MD Stands for?

(Disclaimer: Photo taken from online. I do not claim to own this photo.)
I have been keeping some numbers in my phone. They are labeled as Juan, MD and Pedro, MD. But they are not doctors, they are entertainers. These entertainers were named cultural dancers by a friend who works as a comedy impersonator. 
Hmmm... Ok fine... In short, they are so-called Macho Dancers... Performing maybe at a gay bar or on-call private party performers for Bridal Showers, Birthday Parties, or just a party of friends.

Being gay, a trip to a gay bar may be something in the things-to-do list. I remember my first time, in my early 20s. Avenida. I was walking past a board filled with pictures of naked women as 2 men are pointing to them. They were inviting me for the show trying to lead me to the direction of a narrow corridor when another board behind caught my attention: Sexy bikini clad men. Nervously, I smiled and they nodded pointing to the stairs, they sensed that I am more interested with the other board that announced what was happening on the bar at the second floor.

I was a first timer. The guard required me to surrender any bags, and camera phones. Next, you get frisked for chances of carrying any deadly weapons in your body, including pressing their hands into you, Ooooh-Uuuuuhmmms. Well, just checking that you have not kept anything inside your undies. Then, the guard knocks at the door where a small glass window opens and 2 eyes peeks through. Finally, the door is opened and you see darkness, where your eyes need to adjust. When you get accustomed to the darkness, you get to see a stage and a few tables around. The waiter ushers you to a table and points out that the first order required is 2 bottles of beer.

From that first time, I got to meet Marco. I know, Marco is a generic name used by male entertainers. Try on every gay bar and you can get the chance of meeting a Marco, a Marc, a Marky, a Marcus, etc. The same thing as when you go on one-night stands and recall how many Marcs have you met at a dance bar. Marco was seated with  another customer when I was ushered to my seat. Then, he drank his beer, stood up and approached me. The waiter served my beer and asked me if I want to order MD for Marco. MD is the men's version to the so-called Ladies' Drink ordered by female GROs or Guest Relations Officers of girly bars. It is a pricey bottle of beer that would allow a male entertainer to sit with you at your table. I was a bit nervous and just said yes. So there, I was seated with Marco. Marco is cute, he was one or two inches taller, just a bit as petite as I was, I am only 5' 4" tall.

What had been happening that night was full of flattery when I now try to recall. Haba ng hair for fellow Pinoy readers. Why would I say so? 

At the washroom, I was washing my hands when an handsome MD around 5' 8" tall entered to urinate. He looked at me and dropped an unusual question, "Call Boy ka ba?" (Are you a Call Boy? A call boy is a male prostitute.) I said that I am not. Then he gave out a tickling ahhhh... relieved? Then said, "pa-Area mamaya ha". I did not know what he meant and he saw that I was clueless, "basta, lalapitan kita mamaya". (AREA, the waiter later explained, is when a dancer comes to you dancing to your lap or to your face with his jewels.) I wondered what gave him the vibe that I could be a Call Boy? Sometimes, it can be demeaning and yet there are times that you would think that maybe because they think that you were attractive, so that would be a bit flattering.

But the area thing did not happen with the MD who talked to me in the washroom. (That MD I later recognized to be a part of a pito-pito Titilliating Film that was shown a few months later.) It did not happen because Marco did not allow him to approach me. Marco was unusually protective. He did not want me to spend for another bottle of MD nor let the MDs come close. He tricked his 40 something regular to buy him an MD but moves from his table to mine. When I was about to go, Marco asked me to wait at the Mini Stop convenient store just below the bar. I did. After half an hour later, he was dressed and carrying his hard case pack. Then he directed me to the Chowking fastfood nearby corner of Avenida and Recto. He must have earned much that night, he paid for our meal and called the cab. He asked me to go with him. I was just there following him, but I felt no concerns whatsoever. We rode the cab, he held me and made me rest in his shoulders with his arms around me. 

"MONUMENTO, KUYA..." 

Note: He paid for the cab fare even... *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment