Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Terminal


Traveling to places south of Manila? Cubao is the common terminal for buses. Many buses despite having their own terminals have units waiting for passengers within the Cubao Bus Terminal. Buses here travel to Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Quezon, Bicol Region, Visayas and Mindanao via RORO.


The Cubao Terminal was originally in the lot next to Cubao Expo. However, the space was taken for a phase of the Manhattan Araneta Center Development where a cluster of condominium units are now being finished. Then, the terminal was moved to the Times Square Ave. between Rustan's Superstore and Shopwise, but soon, will move to the new terminal at 15th Avenue, behind the original Cubao Expo which is actually the new access gate from |Araneta Center. The move is of same reason that it was moved for the last time, for another Manhattan.



I had taken the bus here several times. One of these rides was to go to Batangas City where I can get to the pier to go to Puerto Galera. Puerto Galera has been a common destination for beach goers who are tight with budgets that may not be sufficient for other destinations as Boracay, Coron, Camsur, and Misibis Bay. And during summer, flocks of LGBT go there.

Puerto Galera brings some memories and it was the deciding destination when I ended up only as friends to someone I first hoped to be partners with. We traveled together with my high hopes of becoming special with him. But I ended up going home alone and him finding who he really wanted to be with... Someone who also happened to be there with his friends... Someone who actually came before me in his life... A reunion that made me give up and make my graceful exit... We are still friends though.

1 comment:

  1. I still find the area dangerous, that is, after 10PM, or I may be mistaken.

    ReplyDelete