Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

TRIPPING TO QUIAPO

It was a day after the heavy rains. I have a project for a customer and I had to do some purchases for raw materials in Quiapo. It was a bit of a fine day though the climate was humid and so commuting-wise, I ended up perspiring.

I took the LRT 2 train from Araneta-Center in Cubao. It was swift entrance having a readily loaded Beep Card. It was supposedly cooler disposition for me as I entered the train coaches with them being airconditioned. I went straight to the middle part of the coaches to where the coaches meet with rubber accordion-like joints, as my destination is the last station of the train. It was a wrong choice as the middle does not get much of the cool air. But then, on second thoughts, with no seats available, I was able to lean on the walls keeping my balance. 

Two guys stood in front of me. They looked like two seamen working on their applications to ride the ships. Interestingly, the guy standing face to face with me was cute. I was caught by the nose, not that my nose caught his scent but that his nose was aquiline and it caught my attention. I had to lower my gaze because he might realize that I am checking him out. But then again, lowering my gaze left me looking down... down to that bump! And so again, I raised my head ending up looking at his face again. He looked to the side, started a conversation with his friend and then again looking towards the opposite direction passing to my gaze. I saw a smirk and a naughty smile. I was not ready for this. I felt my blood rush to my cheeks and I felt that I am heating up. I was already perspiring profusely.

There was something with that sheepish smile. Then he started striking another conversation with his friend. And then again, I felt he knew I was checking him out. With the 2nd to the last stop, the other guy opened his backpack and brought out a clean undershirt and threw it to the cutie guy.

"Punasan mo nga yang pawis mo!" (Will you wipe your perspiration!) He quipped to Mr. Cutie. Oooohhhkay! Someone had just displayed their claim of ownership... So there you go again... Bye!
  
BEEP it goes...

Usual scene but not rush hour yet...

During low passenger hours... That is non-rush hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment